Sunday, May 20, 2012

An Update - Long Overdue!

So, its been a while since I have posted any blog updates... I think I have a good excuse... 'cause I've been doing a lot of shooting instead! :)

You can see a lot of my frequent updates on my twitter feed @RobSmithKC - https://twitter.com/RobSmithKC  or over at my Facebook account here: http://www.facebook.com/RobSmithPhotos

I dont claim to be the worlds best blogger, but I will promise you this - I will try harder.  I will try harder. I will try harder. (saying it is the first step, right?)

For now, let me see if I can recap what I have done since the International Blues Challenge in February...


I photographed baby Olivia, who was brought in to the world on February 17, 2012.  These photos were all taken at 1-week old.  See the photos below or click here for some more samples of 1 week and more.  What a cutie!
Olivia - 1 week - Titled: Daddy's Hand


Victoria and Olivia - Titled: Before and After

Then, in March, Mr Handsome (aka Lukas) strolled in to the studio and did his thing for me.  What a nice looking young man, huh?
Lukas - 2 Yrs
Addison, a frequent flyer of Rob Smith Photography, had her 9 month shoot in February.  I have been challenged by babies.  They don't perform like adults or even young children.  The shoots have taught me patience and I believe I have retained the ability to make them smile!  Here is a peek of lil Addi.  More can be seen here.

Addison at 9 Months - CUTIE PATOOOTIE!


Melissa's 39th Birthday party was a hit.  Striving to stay 'forever young' Melissa hosted a party of the century with an 80's / 90's twist.  You can see all the photos at http://www.robsmithphotos.com/melissaprom
Forever Young Prom
Justin Murray, a blues guitarist who recently stormed in to the Kansas City music scene, consulted Rob Smith Photography for his advertising needs.  Justin came in knowing what he wanted and left getting what he came for.  His other photos are just as good as this one.  Check em out!

Justin Serving Up Blues

As photo opportunities happen, I like to be at the right place and the right time.  Here is an instance where Atticus paused during his feed of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  The look he provided during one of his bites of this delicacy was priceless!
Atticus vs PBJ

April was a busy month for Senior High School portrait sessions - one of my favorite shoots to do.  As I tell mom and dad during the consultation, my job is to make your job tough (speaking of providing enough great shots where they have a difficult time picking which ones to print).  Love it!  Below, you can see Cameron, Kayla, Lisa, and Randy. (click name for more samples)


Cameron's Senior HS Shoot

Kayla Senior HS Shoot

Lisa Senior HS Shoot

Randy Senior HS Shoot


Skylee was a treat standing there on Easter Sunday with her pretty dress on and umbrella in hand.  Superstition says never to open an umbrella inside, however I think Skylee has enough luck to spread around.  Skylee is going to have her pick of guys once she grows up, dont you think?
Skylee Easter Umbrella

Weddings can be time consuming, challenging, and a lot of work.  That is the stigma for a wedding photographer anyway.  Toni and Denver's nuptials proved to be anything but that.  This event was fun, lighthearted, and a blast!  If all weddings can be this fun, sign me up!  For more wedding examples, visit http://www.robsmithphotos.com/tonianddenverpublic or email me if you are interested to see everything I provide for my wedding packages!
Toni and Denver: I Do!
Cassie Taylor, the self-proclaimed "daughter of a bluesman" happens to be the daughter of blues legend Otis Taylor.  Cassie toured recently with Samantha Fish and Dani Wylde as a performing act called "Girls with Guitars" and were very successful on their American and International stages.  On Sunday, May 6, 2012, Cassie Taylor, playing her bass, had an open rehearsal at Knuckleheads. What a treat for Kansas City blues lovers to enjoy!  More of Cassie's shoot with her band, which consist of Graham Marshall Mueller on drums and Steve Mignano on guitar, can be found here.
Cassie Taylor: Daughter of a Bluesman

So there was some hype around the Super Moon of 2012 and I bought in to it. The moon, less than stellar, did provide for some nice night time (Kansas City) cityscape shooting however.

A full set is located here: http://www.robsmithphotos.com/supermoon2012

Ordering is turned on! :)

Kansas City Supermoon

Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts - Kansas City Missouri

I attended a preschool graduation intending to just take photos of Skylee. Little did I know, I would end up taking photos of nearly every preschool grad there... What a cute bunch of kids, all with great personalities.  The full set can be found here.
 

Skylee: Pomp and Circumstance
I can see you graduated. Congrats!
Well, that is it for now.  I hope you enjoyed what photos that I provided to friends, family, and other fantastic people in the Greater Kansas City area.  If there is a person, place, or thing you would like to see me showcase on here or my website, please feel free to send your suggestion to me via email.


No comments:

Post a Comment