So the 2012 International Blues Challenge was one of the best ever. The competition was over the top. So much, that the judging had to be one of the toughest jobs in Memphis this year! One of the things I realized, as a blues fan and a photographer... it is easy to love doing both at the same time, but dont forget to wear earplugs, especially when you are right next to the speaker!
The bands played in order listed below, with The WIRED! Band, from the Washington Blues Society taking first; The Bart Walker Band, from The Nashville Blues Society taking second; and Paula Harris from the Golden Gate Blues Society taking third.
- Mikey Junior & the Stone Cold Blues - Jersey Shore Jazz & Blues Foundation
- Noah Wotherspoon Band - Dayton Blues Society
- Sherry Pruitt Blues Project - Santa Clarita Valley Blues Society
- The Bart Walker Band (2nd Place) - Nashville Blues Society
- The WIRED! Band (1st Place) - Washington Blues Society
- Selwyn Birchwood Band - Suncoast Blues Society
- Taylor Scott & Another Kind of Magick - Wyoming Blues & Jazz Society
- Paula Harris (3rd Place) - The Golden Gate Blues Society
- The Lefty Collins Band - Magic City Blues Society
|The WIRED! Band|
|The Bart Walker Band|
The single/duo acts played in order listed below, with Ray Bonneville, from the Ozark Blues Society of Northwest Arkansas, taking first place; and Dr. Don's Double Dose, from the Sydney Blues Society, taking second.
- Lucious Spiller - Arkansas River Blues Society
- Randy McQuay - Cape Fear Blues Society
- D'Mar and Gill - Central Mississippi Blues Society
- Robert Sampson - Illinois Central Blues Club
- Dawn Tyler Watson & Paul Deslauriers - Montreal Blues Society
- Ray Bonneville (1st Place) - Ozark Blues Society of Northwest Arkansas
- SPOONS & ABEL - Sonny Boy Blues Society
- Dr. Don's Double Dose (2nd Place) - Sydney Blues Society
|Dr Don's Double Dose|
|D'Mar & Gill|