|Thompson Square / Frankie Ballard|
Tour Bus Line
|The warning at our hotel|
We found a local parking spot near the Westin, which is just one block off of Beale. We wondered down the street of blues to Wet Willies for a cool refreshing drink. We pondered staying on Beale vs heading out. After the frozen concoctions at Wet Willies, our senses had us headed over to The Hampton Inn to see what a room would cost. The girls approached the counter as I checked rates at The Westin. The Westin was less expensive, but we decided to splurge on a King Suite on the 5th floor, since there was a country concert at WC Handy Park right next to the hotel. Thompson Square and Frankie Ballard were both going to be performing on Thursday evening for the Kix 106 “Kix on Beale” event. None of us really knew either of the performing bands, but after asking a few people locally as well as on facebook, we found Thompson Square to be somewhat famous, albeit a one hit wonder, for their song, “Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not.”
|Theresa and Ronnie ready for Dyers|
- A bloody mary a day might not keep the doctor away, but damn they taste good.
- Ultra Classics are heavy, especially when hot, tired, and going slow over bumps.
- Goldwings are still quiet, even when started.
- Graceland is a tourist trap.
- Beale Street is a tourist trap, but I like it.
- I will stay at The Hampton Inn near Beale again. Great service and excellent hotel.
- Even if you are a guy, Wet Willies slush drinks are the bomb, especially when one is hot and needing cooled down.
- Dyers is to die for – literally.
- 165 miles this day - give or take – click here our general route.
|Deep Fried "Triple Triple" |
Cheeseburger - Burp!